This part of my life...

Jan 2007


Its 5am.The alarm rings...tough luck. Cant help wanting to do justice to lingering sleep. Snooze continues.
I have to get up though. It’s a long day ahead. Well, that can be an understatement. These days, it’s just like that.
It’s not a chilly winter this year. Weather looks just fine for Mid-Jan period. I like winter the best. If it was to have a colour, it would be white with brownish red sprinkled all along. In my mind, it’s the colour of snow. And the colour of maple leaves during the Fall. Very British. I love the thought.
But reality is such a spoilsport, I feel.
With a hot steaming tea, I start reading 'On the folly of rewarding A while hoping for B'.I have a Mulla class quiz tomorrow, evidently so. Hmm. It was a good read. An Insightful one.

Got to get ready fast, have to catch up 6.40 am train.got a seat.I hide behind the pink paper. India story is on a roll. PM looks positive. FM is happy about buoyancy. RBI Governor can’t agree more. I understand why they call it macro-economics. At micro-level, as an individual, it doesn’t seem to matter much. I am more worried about my project submission than Indian economy being in pink health.
It’s 7.45am.I am at the institute gate. The welcoming warmth of very green stretched- out branches forming a cute roof-like picture is not lost on me. I look up and smile.
We have an MR class today. Prof has not arrived yet. Expected.It’s a submission day. Last moment print out scene is on. I so much don’t like it. I frantically look for my group members. Half of them are missing. So much for punctuality, I feel. I run around. Call up a friend. Fortunately, the guy with final printouts arrives jus before Prof enters. I calm down. It's 8.30am
He likes the work, suggests some minor improvements.
Shitt. Why didn’t we do that I wonder. I discuss this issue during break while I gulp down sambar-soaked idli. One of my friend tells me not to ponder over it. ‘this is the problem with Type-A personality coupled with Internal Locus of Control’.
I tell her to speak English.…
Rest of the time in the class flies away.He says, ‘ everything in nature,ultimately gets defined by a bell-shaped curve’. Interesting. I leave it at that.
it's 11.30am. I decide to miss Growel. Hetal is happy, Vinnie is not.
There are so many things to be done.
Marketing weekly case analysis submission.Starbucks.
We get done with that. I am happy F.W.Taylor came up with Division of work and labour. it's 2pm.Lunch.Analysis of a Balance sheet using ratios.Companies are complex entities.
I meet a senior.Marketing Major.got placed in Deloitte.she tells me what a gala time shes having.chiiled out.I dont have more than one minute to envy her.5pm.
Mulla Readings.Project Analysis Document to be completed.am wondering when would i get my offer letter for summers.no news from NPIL so far.
am co-ordinating for Friday Forum Meetings in between.
Business Environment Assignment.
Japanese Student calls up.I don't like electronic consultancy.doesnt excite me somehow.
I go to the library. Bounded volumes HBR..have to prepare,writing a paper.borrow a book.I am done with the work. it's almost 7.00pm.

All of us gather in the canteen. people are already there.eating,tp,fun,leg pulling,laughter. i like this time.I forget all my worries,tension.laugh a lot.
me n vinnie catch a train.running.till she gets down at her station, we do mindless talking. absolutely anything under the sun.cudnt care less for all those curious faces listening to our opinionated discussion.I read 'Inheritance of loss'.
I am home. catch up with my folks.outsmarting pranks of big bro.hugging mom.helping aunt with dinner. watchin TV.readin cartoons. singin aloud.dancin around.Doin some serious thinking.doin my studies.my time in a day.
around 10.45pm.i go online.start with project work.Chatting simulatneously.i study for a while.some time later, i go off to sleep.
remember telling a friend, i want to have a break...free time..without deadlines and submissions and projects..just for myself...

Distinctively, this part of my life was called First Year MBA-Last Trim.

Comments

Mayur said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mayur said…
All the suspense is gone when you say you got the summers offer letter. What is third "trim"?
vinifer said…
girl...ur riting is phenominal..wow

pls continue for d rem sems

and finally my name comes up :))
Vedavati Joshi said…
hehe..thanks a lot vini...see see i had promised you...
Hetal Maniar said…
ven did u work so much? n i am always happy :D... amazin post...
vinifer said…
hmmm...will always rem those daysss
gud times together :)

Popular posts from this blog

Placements...

Goof-Ups!!

A Rendezvous much needed...